"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Sunday, September 7, 2008

Russian Chicken

From Moose Stir-Fry to English Muffin Pizza and everything in between this weeks recipe winner was the Russian Chicken with Rice. I got this recipe as a "Foodies Menu"--from Jill Jepperson while living in Billings, MT. This is a sweet- and- sour tasting recipe. My brother-in -law loved it, the kids enjoyed it, and Jack said it was just okay for him. I liked it because it was quick and brainless--we all need those kind of recipes from time to time.

1 Bottle of Russian dressing (I used Wish Bone brand)
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
1 (10 oz) jar apricot preserves
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast ( I used frozen chicken tenders)

Foil-line a 9 x 13 pan.

Mix dressing, soup mix, and preserves together. Place chicken breast in pan and pour sauce over all. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
OR BAKE IN CROCKPOT low 8-10 hours (This was the method I chose and I put the tenders in frozen and followed the recipe as listed. I think even with the tenders being frozen I would only cook it for about 6-8 hours. I would check the chicken after 6 and turn it off so it wouldn't dry out.)
*Suace can be used as a gravy over rice or potatoes.

No comments: