"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tiramisu Bowl

So this isn't Jack's first choice of his favorite dessert--Tiramisu, but he still enjoys it and it is not labor intensive. We thank Kraft foods for this recipe.

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
3 cups cold milk (I use fat free)
2 large boxes  Instant Jell-O pudding 
1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip topping, thawed (I love Cool Whip Free)
48 Nilla Wafers
1/2 brewed Maxwell's House Coffee, cooled divided (I use a dark or semi-sweet hot chocolate)
2 squares Baker's Semi-sweet Chocolate, grated
1 cup fresh raspberries (I usually don't have them, but they are a nice touch when in season)

Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk and pudding mixes. Stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.
Line 2 1/2 quart bowl with 24 wafers; drizzle with 1/4 cup coffee/hot chocolate.
Top with half the pudding mixture and half the grated chocolate. Repeat layers, starting with wafers.
Top with remaining Cool Whip, raspberries. (I had grated chocolate on top to make it pretty). Refrigerate 2 hours. Makes 16 servings

Today I made only half a recipe and put it in a single later in a 8x8 Pyrex dish and it turned out great. My kids have fun helping me with this simple dessert.

No comments: