"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

This is a simple and quick Chicken Parmesan recipe my mom and dad cooked for us when we were visiting them this week. My kids liked it and I thought it tasted good, so I wanted to blog the basics of the recipe so that I won't forget to add it to my crock pot file. My mom said she got the recipe from my Aunt Jayne so I am going to have to do some calling for the exact recipe.

Here is what mom and dad did for the one we had:

Put Chicken Breast in crock pot and cover with one jar of your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4. About 30 minutes before finished add another jar of sauce and heat through. (This helps your sauce be thicker and not watery.)
Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese when ready to serve.

Dad actually made the recipe today and he put both jars over the chicken then cooked it. It turned out pretty saucy, so he added a can of cream of mushroom soup to it hoping to thicken it a little bit.

We served it with angel hair pasta and a salad.

I love that it is a quick hands-off recipe! Nice for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

No comments: