"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cranberry Salsa


I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. She makes this salsa during the holidays. It is different and we all enjoy it. This past week I got all but two of the ingredients in the recipe in my Bounitful Basket so I decided I would make Ruth's recipe where we wouldn't be spending Thanksgiving with her this year.

Cranberry Salsa
1 orange, unpeeled, quartered and seeded.
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed.
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 med. green pepper, chopped
1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
3 Tbls. chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add orange quarters. Process until coarsely chopped, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add cranberries, sugar, and salt; pulse 2 or 3 times or until cranberries are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in greenpepper and next 3 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with sweet potato chips or as a spread for turkey sandwiches. (Ruth also freezes this recipe)


Sweet Potato Chips
1 (8 oz.) sweet potato, peeled
vegetable cooking spray
1/4 tsp. salt
cookie sheet, cooking spray - 325 degree oven for 15-25 min.
sprinkle with salt.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love your recipes. I check out your site all of the time. This recipe looks really interesting. I think I'll love it on turkey sandwiches.