"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snowman Soup (simple gift)

Last week we had quiet the snowstorm on our area. I was feeling a little cooped up. The baby had gone down for a nap and my 3 year old wanted to help me shovel snow. So we bundled up and headed outside. We shoveled a little and played a lot. We created a snowman family to resemble our family. It was wonderful to take a break from the mundane day to day house work and do something with my little guy. So I thought I would post the snowman soup we have all seen surface at Christmas time as a fun and simple gift.

SNOWMAN SOUP

1 package hot chocolate mix

3 Hershey Kisses

10 mini-marshmallows

1 candy cane

Place in a small ziplock bag or in a new mug.
Attach this poem:

"Was told you've been real good this year
Always glad to hear it
With freezing weather drawing near
You'll need to warm the spirit
So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick
Just add hot water, sip it slow
It's sure to do the trick!"

No comments: