"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Homemade Shortbread Cookie Crust


I am posting this as a "note to self". This is the crust from the turtle cheesecake recipe I make, but I think the crust would work perfectly in place of Lorna Doone or Sandie cookies in some of my other desserts. Like my family's Fresh Peach Dessert or my pumpkin cheesecakes.

Homemade Shortbread Cookie Crust
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
6 Tablespoon cold butter, chopped


In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments: