"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Friday, December 26, 2008

Sweet Potato Crunch

Okay so this is more like Sweet Potato Pie in my opinion, but I enjoy it all the same. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law whom I think is a great cook; she serves this as a side dish at the Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts.  I don't usually like Yams or Sweet Potatoes made with the brown sugar, butter, and marshmallows, but this recipe is a keeper for me. I only make it during the holiday season when calories don't count and there is ample of good company to help the yummy concoctions disappear!

2 cans sweet potatoes, undrained and mashed
3 eggs
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons Vanilla

Mix sweet potatoes, eggs, sugar, milk, margarine, and vanilla together and pour into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup margarine, melted

Mix brown sugar, flour, pecans, and margarine together. Put over sweet potatoes. Bake in preheated over at 350 degrees for 1 hour. (Can be made ahead and reheated).
Yields 8-10 servings

No comments: