"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Sunday, March 22, 2009

Nepolean Cannoli Stacks



Wow! Okay these take a little bit of time to prepare, but not to bad. I got this recipe from www.meals.com (one of my favorites) I was searching for a recipe to help me use up some leftover Won Tons (after making Won Ton soup-simple and good recipe if anyone is interested. I didn't get pictures for the blog, but we'll make it again.) I thought the Raspberry preparation was a little much! I love raspberries so I tried it anyway. I really think you get get by with a seedless raspberry jam or preserve. They also go to all that work to use it to decorate the plates. I personally think it needs to be right in the stack. After decorating it I added a generous amount to the top of the cheese mixture before adding the top. For me it isn't great without the extra raspberry! I also included the nurtitional facts! YEAH I can hear you gasping for air! I did the same thing!!! Dessert is one of those fun treats we must have self-control over and with this one you definetly have to practive moderation!

1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature (I used 5 oz because I like the taste of Cream Cheese more than Ricotta)
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
2 cups vegetable oil
16 wonton wrappers
Sifted powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
2 cups fresh red raspberries
3 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar

COMBINE ricotta cheese, cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve. (I also added 1 teaspoon of Vanilla)

HEAT oil in deep skillet over medium heat to 350° F. Fry wonton wrappers, 2 or 3 at a time, until golden brown and crisp, about 30 seconds each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust fried wonton wrappers with some of the powdered sugar. Spread wonton wrappers on waxed paper.

PLACE remaining 3/4 cup morsels and shortening in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM (70%) power for 20 seconds, knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10- second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over wonton wrappers.

PLACE raspberries in a food processor or blender. Cover; process or blend until smooth. Strain raspberry puree through a fine sieve. Add 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and stir until dissolved.

TO SERVE, spoon 2 tablespoons of the raspberry sauce on each of 8 dessert plates. Top each with a wonton wrapper, chocolate side up. Top each with about 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture. Top with remaining wonton wrappers.

Calories: 550 Calories from Fat: 290 Total Fat: 32 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 200 mg
Carbohydrates: 63 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Sugars: 45 g
Protein: 12 g

No comments: