"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Taco Soup


Happy Cinco De Mayo! I love a good reason to have a gathering and good food. So today I thought I would post more Mexican Flavored dishes that I haven't posted yet, that our little family enjoys.
Growing up I remember my family eating Taco soup often. It is a comfort food and we enjoy it! I have tried a few different versions on Taco soup now, but I still love the my mom's soup recipe the best. Because I usually have all the ingredients in food storage and the spices are simple and not overbearing.

1 lb Hamburger, ground
1 onion, finely diced
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
1 can Kidney Beans, rinse and drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn
1 can olives, sliced
Grated Cheese
Chips
Sour Cream

Brown hamburger and onion together, drain off fat. Add seasoning and all canned ingredients. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Serve topping with cheese, chips, and sour cream.

*We love homemade tortilla chips too. The ones in this picture can be found under the snack label. These are a tasty substitute when you don't have actual chips to crush on top. I always have tortillas on hand so it works nicely.

No comments: