"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Saturday, June 13, 2009

Frozen Grasshopper Squares


We love desserts at our house! From ice cream to cookies we love it all. I couldn't resist posting my cookie monster and photo assistant on this one. I placed the plate down and stepped back to get a picture and the cookie on top disappeared! So I had to get a new one to get the actual picture.





Hugh caught in the mischief!
This is a quick and simple dessert. We love mint ice cream and Oreo's together. Breyers use to make a mint Oreo ice cream that was irritable. So needless to say this was a hit at our house. The only thing I will change the next time is I with turn in Oreo chunks into the softened ice cream layer before I spread it in the pan.

28 Oreo cookies, divided
1 (1 1/2 quart size) container of mint-chocolate chip ice cream, softened
1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip (I love Cool Whip Free), thawed
1 square Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, grated

Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Crush 20 cookies, sprinkle crumbs on the bottom of prepared pan.
Spread ice cream evenly over crumbs in pan; top with cool whip and grated chocolate.
Freeze 3 hours. Remove from freezer 15 minute before serving. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Lift dessert from pan with foil handles; cut into 16 squares. Cut remaining cookies in half place 1 on each square. 

No comments: