"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Friday, May 28, 2010

Chicken Nuggets (Cent$ible cookbook)


During the past month I had to come up with something to do with some extra chicken I had thawed out. The kids were starting to get hungry and I had no idea what I was going to feed them, so I thought I would try these nuggets because I had everything on hand and wouldn't have to make a trip to the store for one more day! They are different then the store bought breaded kind, but my boys didn't seem to mind. Where they are baked not fried I am sure they are far better for you too.

2 lbs, Chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt or milk (I used 1 % milk)
1 cup cornflake crumbs
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt (Not originally called for--I just thought they needed something!)
1 Tablespoon canola oil

Place chicken chunks into a large bowl with yogurt or milk. Make sure all pieces of chicken are coated with yogurt or milk. Combine cornflake crumbs, flour, parsley, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder into a clean, resealable plastic bag and mix well. Drizzle in the oil and mix.

Add the chicken chunks to the crumb mixture, seal bag, and shake well to cover all the pieces. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with oil and place the coated chicken pieces on the cookie sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until all chicken pieces are cooked through. Makes 8-10 servings.

No comments: