"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Monday, October 20, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas

These enchiladas are always a hit with my family and anyone that has sat down at our table with us when we are serving them.  I love them because the are simple to prepare and taste great.

1 dozen flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cooked chicken, diced or 3 whole breast
1- 4oz can diced green chiles
1 cup sour cream
1 chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can chopped black olives

combine all ingredients, except tortillas. Roll chicken mixture in tortillas.  Place seam side down in a greased 9 x 13. (I use to pans so I don't have to pack them to tightly). Leave uncovered if you like crunchy enchiladas (my favorite) or cover with foil for soft (leftovers are always soft that's probably why I like crunchy adds variety). Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. 

If you assemble and cook immediately the time can be adjusted because your filling will already be warm.  This recipe works great to make ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to cook--love that on fast Sundays.

1 comment:

Kim Possible said...

YUMMY! We very much enjoyed this dinner. As I went to have one for lunch the next day (yea left overs) I couldn't even get it in the microwave before I started eating it. COLD or HOT these are a main course treat. Thanks for sharing!