"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Thursday, October 2, 2008

Microwave Applesauce

My sister-in-law Echo gave me this recipe when I was telling her I was going to make applesauce with my boys "Joy School" this week. It was so fun. The kids had fun helping peel, core, and slice the apples with the little apple core machine. They gobbled it up asking for seconds and thirds. The four children would have eaten the entire recipe had I allowed it. I highly recommend this recipe if you like apple treats. We ate it warm! What a great fall snack, treat, or dessert. I love that it is simple and quick as well.

3 Golden Delicious Apples
3 Fuji Apples (Have also used Gala)
1 cup Apple juice (I used 1 Capri sun 100% juice pouch)
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
3 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Peel, core and quarter apples (I used my apple peeler/core/slicer.) Combine everything in a microwave safe bowl with a lid. Place lid on bowl and leave on side partially opened for a vent (or use plastic wrap with a vent hole). Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.

No comments: