"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Monday, October 20, 2008

Three Cheese Beef Enchiladas

I got this recipe from one of my girlfriends in Billings at "Foodies". She admits she is a picky eater. She loves this as does her kids, and all of my family. It is high calorie and fattening, so how can it not be delicious?

1 lb Hamburger
1 1/2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
1- 3 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup salsa (I use my homemade salsa)
1/2 sliced green onion
1 teaspoon cumin
10 flour tortillas (7 if they are Burrito size)

Brown hamburger (I also added some chopped onion), and drain off fat. Combine 1 cup of each cheese, cream cheese, 1/2 onions (I leave out if I have added chopped onion to the brown beef.), 1/4 cup salsa (salsa) and the cumin.  Mix well with the hamburger. Spoon into tortillas and roll. Place in baking dish seam side down. Spoon remaining salsa and remaining cheese over all tortillas. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until desired crunchiness.

No comments: