"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Saturday, April 25, 2009

Broccoli Salad


This is a great little salad that comes together quick.

Salad:
4-6 cups Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
4 Green Onions-whites and greens, finely chopped
2 ribs Celery, chopped finely
2 cups Red grapes (or a combination of red and green), cut in half
1/2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled. (I have also used diced Ham we've had left over)
1 cup slivered almonds toasted (I have also used 1/2 cup sunflower seeds)

Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon White Vinegar or Cider Vinegar

Toss together salad ingredients except almonds (can be made night before). Add almonds and dressing just before serving.

* The dressing seems to drain to the bottom. I would recommend using only 1/2 to 3/4 cup for starters. I like my salads crisp, and the dressing seems to make it turn soggy after a while. "Less is more" for me here.

No comments: