"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Saturday, April 4, 2009

Oreo Banana Bread-Picky Palate




My kids loved this and we thought it was tasty. I had a hard time getting it out of my little loaf man (like a muffin tin), but in a small loaf pan it wasn't as much of a problem. I opted not to use the glaze and we enjoyed it all the same. I asked Jack his honest opinion of it and he said, "I thought when you told me it had oreo's in it that it was going to be SO GOOD, but it was just okay and it probably isn't worth the calories." YIKES am I rubbing off on my husband!? Since when did men start worrying about the total number of calories in comparison to how things taste! I thought it was good. I like that the chocolate was just enough and didn't overpower the banana bread flavor itself. If you haven't checked out the Picky-Palate you might find it to be a fun experience. This gal is creative and I love her writing style when she post.

Cookies and Cream Banana Bread from Picky-Palate

1 1/2 sticks butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
4 medium size ripe bananas (or 3 Large bananas)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
15 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces

1 Cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until well combined. Slowly beat in egg, bananas and vanilla until combined. Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in Oreos until just combined.

2. Scoop dough into 16 very mini loaf pans or 2 bread pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Muffin tins would work great too. Bake for 28-35 minutes if you are using the mini pan or 45-55 minutes for the normal bread pan. Toothpick comes clean from center.

3. Whisk powdered sugar and cream in a medium bowl until a nice drizzling consistency is reached. Drizzle over top of each bread and serve. Makes 16 mini loaves or 2 full loaves.
__________________________

No comments: