"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jill Breakfast Casserole

My mom has some great egg casserole dishes. This is a combination of my mom's and her friend Kay Johnson's breakfast casseroles and downsized, because of what I had on hand and how big I personally needed it to feed my family. My family usually makes these for brunches on special occasions like baby blessings and holiday's. (I will have to make my mom's version one of these days and post it!)

Jill's Breakfast Casserole

In a prepared 8 x 8 baking dish, covered with bread pieces.
4 slices of bread, crust cut off and cut into large cubes

Mix together well then pour over the layer of prepared bread:
6 eggs whipped
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Smidgen Paprika
1/8 teaspoon Dried Mustard
Pinch Black Pepper

Next layer the following ingredients on top of bread and eggs:
3/4 cup Browned Hamburger
(Seasoned to taste and cooked with onions, garlic salt, Salt and Pepper)
1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1 can drained mushrooms (optional)
2 Thinly sliced Green onions

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny. ( We like ours to look a little moist when we take it out.)

No comments: