"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chewy Chex Mix Treat

I made this treat to take to girls camp. I have loved this recipe since I was young, but don't make it to often because it is one of those treats I eat and eat and eat once I take my first handful--not such a good thing. This yummy treat is great for camping, traveling, or partying!

Chewy Chex Mix Treat

4 cups Rice Chex
4 cups Corn Chex
1/2 box Golden Grahams
2 cups Coconut
2 cups Sliverd Almonds (I have also used peanuts)

Syrup:
1 cup white Karo Syrup
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup margarine

Boil syrup, sugar and margarine for 2 minutes. Stir. Pour over mixture. Spread out on cookie sheets to cool if desired (I think this helps it not become one solid mass as the syrup cools.)

No comments: