"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cracked Wheat Blender Pancakes

I took this recipe from Jamie Cook's It Up blog. I was excited to try them because I don't have a grinder to use up all our wheat and it was exciting to think I could be resourceful with our supple. This recipe was enjoyed for dinner. I was also excited that my family liked them. It will be great to be able to make a comfort food that kids will eat if we are ever have to survive on our food storage. It's Healthy too. If you are not used to eating 100% whole grain ease into it so you don't end up with a tummy ache!

Cracked Wheat Blender Pancakes

Yield: 16 pancakes


1 C milk (I use 1%)

1 1/3 C wheat, whole kernels

2 eggs

1 T sugar

1/4 t salt

2 T canola oil

1 t baking soda

2 t baking powder


1. Pour milk and wheat into your blender. Liquefy for 4 minutes. Be sure you have a strong blender with a powerful motor.

2. While still mixing add egg, sugar, salt, oil and baking soda.

3. When the mixture is almost done blending add the baking powder.

4. Cook on a hot griddle.


No comments: