"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Saturday, September 19, 2015

Jell-O Marshmallow Fondant


Jell-0 Marshmallow Fondant adapted from a recipe I found
last year for regular fondant (see post about Elsa cake) and 
one off of pintrest this year for Jell-O fondant.  I am not one to 
eat much of the fondant on any cake, but this jello version is 
probably my favorite. I love the different flavors it had; so
did the kids and guest.  Very little fondant on the cake made it to the trash.  

I am a frosted cake kind of girl, but I sure love the way a
fondant cake looks. I have to say if you ever bawk at what a 
cake decorator charges, don’t this little cake took me at least
$20 in supplies, baking and building time, time to freeze it
before crumb layer of frosting, then 8 hours to roll, just, and 
place the fondant.  You do the math! I think that their prices 
are probably not as bad as you think!  Why do I make my own 
then you ask? I was asking the same question as I was 
putting this together.  I do it because I love seeing the reaction 
on my kids face when they see the final product or the time it 
gives us to work on something together making a memory.

Jill's version of Jell-O Marshmallow Fondant
3 oz Marshmallows Microwave about 30-35 seconds
1/4 lb Powdered Sugar (4-4 1/2 oz)
4 tsp. Jello Mix
1/2 tsp. water 
After water and marshmallow have been heated together Add 

1/2 teaspoon Extract flavor of choice. (Vanilla or Coconut is what I use.) 
1/2 tsp corn syrup



*I actually measure powdered sugar and Marshmallows on my kitchen scale so that each batch turns out exactly the same.  If your fondant seems too wet no big deal just need in more powdered sugar.  It is always going to take what it takes.

No comments: