"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fresh Peach Dessert



This recipe is in our family cookbook with both my Aunt Julie and my sister Sherri's name by it. I am so glad that they both shared this recipe, because it is AWESOME! I have never served it when it hasn't gotten rave reviews. Last year I even had a husband contact me and tell me that I needed to give the recipe to his wife because it was a new favorite of his. I hope you have a chance to get some great peaches this fall season and give this recipe a whirl. You will not regret it!

1 small box Orange or Peach Jell-o (orange gives it better color)
2 cups water
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch

Cook the above ingredients in a small sauce pan until clear. Cool, before adding 4-5 cups (6-8 peaches) fresh peaches. DO NOT LET SAUCE SET-UP when cooling.

Mix together in a seperate bowl:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 (12oz) cool whip

Lorna Doone cookies or white cake mix serves as the crust. (Sandies shortbread cookies work fine too. Just crush them so they cover the bottom of your dish better).

For the cookies: lay them flat in the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan and then top with the sweetened milk and cool whip mixture. Then top with peaches/jell-o mixture. Put in fridge until set up.

If you choose to use white cake divide it in half and put it into two cake pans (or a large sheet cake/jelly roll pan) and bake as directed (until a toothpick comes out clean); cool completely. Then follow the directions listed with the cookies.

No comments: