"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Sunday, September 20, 2009

Zucchini Casserole



Zucchini casserole is a southern cusine dish. I found this recipe when I goggled zucchini. We eat with Jack's sister and family often. This was a dish I tried to get rid of some of our zucchini and it was a hit with all the kids. They kept coming back and asking for seconds. I enjoyed it hot and the first day. I couldn't do it as a leftover though, but Jack and the boys seemed to like it. It is similar to a quiche in my opinion. I will probably make this one again next summer when we have zucchini coming out our ears again.

Zucchini Casserole

4 cups grated Zucchini (or other summer squash) --I used the yellow crook-neck summer squash
1 cup Bisquick mix
1/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (the sprinkle type in the bottle)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon parsley

Grate zucchini in large mixing bowl. (I used the slicing edge of my food proccessor. I thought grated would create a texture issue for the kids.) Toss with Bisquick

Mix oils, eggs, cheese, onions, and seasoning in a smaller bowl. Pour this in the large bowl with zucchini and stir together. Grease a 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. TIme will vary depending on the thickness of the mix.

No comments: