"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sherri's Frozen Peaches


My sister Sherri is an amazing cook and homemaker. In 2007 when I thought I would never be done canning all the peaches I called her asking for advise on anything else I could do with my peaches. She shared this great recipe with me. I have shared it with friends in Billings and here in Wyoming and it has become a favorite for there families as well. I have created a dessert soup out of it which I will post. I am so glad to have great resources like my sisters, my mom, and friends to glean from their great recipes. Thank you Sherri for a great recipe!

12 oz orange juice, diluted as directed on the container
6 oz lemon aid-DO NOT DILUTE! (Oops this year I used lime-aid--still tasted good)
1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
3 cups sugar

Mix ingredients well and pour over 30 peaches, sliced.
Scoop into quart freezer bags and freeze until ready to use.

Sherri said that they love theirs over ice cream, making peach milkshakes, or they add a few ice cubes and some 7-up and make a smoothie.

I have made great homemade ice cream with it, as well as, the Peach Soup.

No comments: