"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snowman Sugar Cookies

Once There was a Snowman---until we ate him up!
2009 Snowmen
We made these cut snowmen last year for Christmas and my kids couldn't wait to do it again this year. What is it about colored sugar and sprinkles that makes kids go wild every time you walk past them in the store? My kids are always begging for sprinkles. This year I have broke down and bought them at Easter and for their birthday. They love it! Decorating cookies with sprinkles and candies is something my boys wish I would do every week. I hold out for Christmas and Valentines hoping to make it more special for them.
Try out my favorite recipe for moist and delicious Sugar Cookies.

2008 Creations
These were much more elaborate then 2009. I let my nieces and nephew come over and decorate with us. They all went wild with the candies! Then when it came time to eat them they wouldn't eat the ones with all the treats on it. I questioned why they did this and my niece said, "they have too much stuff on them and its doesn't taste good with the cookies." I had to give her a hard time about this because she was the one that kept loading up each cookie. I kept telling them not to, but what do I know! Then when it came time to eat them she was the one that wanted the plain frosted ones that I wouldn't let them add stuff too. LOL!
Quin making a spider with his dough.
Cameron making a snowman

No comments: