"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Monday, December 14, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Mini Muffins

My good friend Angela D. from Las Vegas sent me this great recipe. It is healthy! The kids and hubby loved them. It felt good to see and hear the comments that they enjoy the muffins. That is always motivating for me to know that someone enjoyed the food I made. It was especially nice to hear those comments seeing that I had to play the "Little Red Hen" and hand mill the wheat for the flour. I was trying out our emergency essentials food storage mill (It's all I've got! So use it up or do with out right?!) I think I would make these more often if I didn't have to take the time to mill the whole-wheat flour every time.

Banana Mini Muffins
4 T margarine (or butter), softened
¼ cup applesauce
2 eggs (or 2 T. Dehydrated Eggs +1/4 C. Water)
2 T skim milk
¾ Cup packed light brown sugar
1 Cup mashed banana (2-3 medium bananas)
1 ¾ C Whole Wheat Flour
2 t baking powder
½ t baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 tsp all spice (optional)
¼ t salt (optional)
¼ Cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Beat margarine, applesauce, eggs, milk, and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until smooth.
Add banana and blend at low speed; beat at high speed 1 to 2 minutes.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice and salt; mix into batter. Mix in nuts.
Pour batter into mini muffin pan, . Bake at 350ยบ F for 12-14 minutes. ENJOY!

No comments: