"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brown Sugar Muffins

Brown Sugar Muffins were a muffin I remember my mom making to go with Sunday dinners when she didn't have time to do her delicious home made rolls. Our family loved them! (She always had to double the batch for our large family) Tonight I made them to go with our Sunday dinner (which we always have with my Brother- and Sister-in-law and their kids) they were a hit just like they always were at mom's table.

Brown Sugar Muffins
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup nuts

Mix together, do not over stir! The batter should be lumpy. Bake at 350 until golden brown 15 minutes -/+ depending on muffin size. Mini muffins 10-12 minutes.

Single batch made 12 regular size muffins and 12 mini-muffins.

1 comment:

Kim Possible said...

When I first told my husband about having muffins with dinner he thought my family was a bit different :P However he is now a total FAN. He loves these muffins so much ask me to make them/chooses them over other options. Sometimes we freeze part of our batch (once cooked) so we can continue to enjoy them warmed up (for dessert ).
I have a feeling they will be a family tradition for us too.