"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tastey Taco Meat

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Echo. It is GREAT! Kid approved! I love it because it is simple, I have all the spices, and I don't have to buy a package from the store.

1 lb Hamburger
¾ cup water
1 medium onion chopped
2 Tablespoons Chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 clove garlic, crushed

Brown hamburger and onion, add remaining ingredients and reduce to desired thickness.

*I love to double or triple this batch and then freeze it. It makes for fast meals when you need something last minute. I am picky about beef after it has been cook then refrigerated. It taste funny to me, but this is one recipe that I can't tell. My family LOVES IT!

No comments: