"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Friday, August 1, 2008

This recipe brought back a childhood comfort food for Jack and I. My oven has not been so reliable since our move 6 months ago. So I experiment often with my crock-pot. During the summer I have enjoyed using it so I don't have to heat up my non-air conditioned house!

Tater Tot Casserole

32 oz bag frozen tater tots
1 lb. Ground beef, browned
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 (14 ½ oz) cans green beans, drained
10 ¾ oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 Tablespoon dried onion. (I used ¼- ½ cup fresh diced)
¼ cup milk.

Line slow cooker with frozen tater tots.
Combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes.
Cover. Cook on High for 3* hours.
Sprinkle individual servings with your choice of grated cheese.

*(Time may vary depending on how hot your crock-pot cooks mine took 2 hours on high)

No comments: