"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dreamy Layered Jello Salad

My sister-in-law made this jello for Sunday dinner and it was a hit. I usually have the jello assignment and they always get 5 stars, (I learned how to make killer jello from my mom--she new all the right flavors and fruit combos to put together). What I make is the simple jello with fruit in it nothing fancy like this recipe (though my family recipe book has many fancy jello salad recipes). Jack's family has nicknamed me Jill-O. When I told them I didn't have a Jell-O label on my blog they were shocked. So in tribute to our "must have" Sunday dinner side there is now a Jello salad label.

1 large pkg. Strawberry-banana jello
8 oz crushed pineapple & juice
1 cup hot water
1 large pkg. frozen strawberries
2 small cubed bananas
1 cup walnuts (optional)

Stir all together. Pour 1/2 in bowl and let set up.

8 oz sour cream
1 Tablespoon sugar

Mix and pour over first half of set up jello. Pour second half jello over sour cream. Chill until set up.

** We would change this recipe by replacing the sour cream with whip topping or cool whip. We also thought it needed more jello, but I haven't tried doubling just the jello to (2 pks jello and 2 cups of water which is not made according to the pkg directions)

No comments: