"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Friday, January 9, 2009

Salmon with Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze




It was a warm winter day today--high 40's/low 50's so what do you do...Get and itch to Grill!! is a food network--Bobby Flay recipe. Every time I make it Jack can't get enough. My boys love it too. Tonight Cameron said, "Mommy, this is very NUMMY!" Everyone cleaned their plates and asked for seconds. This is definitely a keeper!

3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoons butter

Melt together in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and whisk in 

1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon finely grated ginger

Salmon 8 salmon fillets, 6 oz each (I buy frozen Salmon at Costco which is skinless or I buy their fresh fillets if I can swing it right.  We use three of the prepackaged fillets)
Vegetable oil (I use olive)
salt and pepper

I lightly coat the salmon with oil, then salt and pepper on one side. 

Preheat your grill to medium heat (10-15 minutes). Place the salmon skin side down (I just look at the fillet and try to pick which side I thought the skin was on ;-) ) Coat the flesh of the salmon fillets with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes to medium doneness, turning once, then cook 5 to 6 minutes more. 


I like to serve this with green beans, and wild rice.

No comments: