"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes the meal!" ~Perilee 
(Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson)



Thursday, January 14, 2010

Peanut Butter and Honey Syrup

During our honey harvesting this year a friend of mine told me of this Honey cookbook she got for her wedding (12 yrs ago) from our local honey store the Queen Bee Gardens. She said her kids love it. We gave it a whirl because I had some extra honey sitting around from filling jars at Christmas time for gifts. My kids liked it to. We love it on waffles with banana's on top. I also think it would be the perfect mixture for our tortilla peanut butter, honey, and banana roll-up snacks, but have yet to try it. It makes a quite a bit so I will probably half the recipe next time.
Thank your Christina R. for sharing this tasty option to mix up our breakfast routine.

Peanut Butter and Honey Syrup
2 cups honey
2 Tablespoons water
1 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup butter

Heat over low heat until well blended, but DO NOT BOIL!

(**Again I would half this recipe. I got to pint jars + push a small squeeze bottle [like a restaurant ketchup bottle] out of this recipe. I put it in the jars and refrigerated it. We warm up the syrup as we need it.)



No comments: